Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hello World!

 
Once again, I want to thank Sallie Lundy-Frommer for guesting on the blog! She did a great job!

For the past couple of weeks I've been working on The Sheep Eater while she's had your attention. I didn't know that a body needed to have skills in order to use a word processor, but by gum, I found out differently!

Never ever never try to take a formatting shortcut if you're in the middle of a large document. You'll find yourself spending hours and hours of fixing your time saving efforts. I think I'm back up to speed now, sitting at over 52 thousand words. With any luck, I might get done with this manuscript before they put me in "the home."

My next major activity is going to be attending the Pacific Northwest Writers Association conference at the Hilton in SeaTac, WA July 25-28. I always get some great insights when I go to that thing. My dad will be with me, too. We usually have a great time together.

In mid-August I plan to head for Wyoming and Montana to do a bit more research about the Shoshone for this current manuscript. Again, my dad will be going. He just wants to do a road trip in his RV. This is as good an excuse as any! Besides, we might just get to drop in on that grandson of mine and spoil him for a day or two.

Speaking of such things, I recently discovered that my youngest is expecting twins in February. Sensory overload!

Before I sign off, I would like to wish our friends to the north a Happy Canada Day on the 1st of July (It doesn't hurt to butter up my Canadian publisher). Right now I think she's working from an inflatable raft tied to a tree near Calgary somewhere.

And if I don't get the chance to say so beforehand, I hope all of my American friends have a great 4th of July.

Gary



No comments:

Post a Comment