Saturday, December 20, 2014

She's Home For Christmas

Forgive the length of time since my last post. It has been a long month with little time to reflect. The Matriarch of our family passed away unexpectedly on December 6th and we have been trying to regroup since then.

Mom was the last one we expected to go, considering Dad's voluminous medical history. She went down without pain or suffering. She was totally normal the night before when Dad and I stopped by to pick up some food she prepared for my post-surgical lounging, followed by her usual caution to be careful driving to my Dad.

The next day after hearing nothing from her, he ventured to their house and found her gone. His chest tightened up and he was admitted to the hospital for observation. He had already suffered a heart attack and a head injury a short time ago.

Her memorial service on the 13th was attended by people who loved her from around the globe. She would have been stunned.

I can't help but wonder what it will be like spending her first Christmas with the Baby in the Manger among family members who have gone before her. I'll bet she's having a hoot!

Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment